Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cheating

I decided to look at the project called Our Love Affair with CSCL. This was about a website called AshleyMadison.com, which is a site where married people can meet people and have affairs with them. I think that this is very interesting and also, pretty disgusting. I know that there are many dating sites and stuff like that but it totally surprised me to see one for married couples. Users can pay if they want to have an affair and there is even an option, if you want to pay more, to get a "guaranteed affair."

What really stood out to me was the fact that the CEO Noel Biderman, who created the site claims that he is not a user on the site and that he would be shocked if he found out that his wife was cheating. This makes me think why did he make the site then? Obviously he can make a lot of money from it and thats probably why he did it, but that should create a moral dilemma for him. Without knowing it, he is probably breaking up hundreds of marriages a year. I think that this site is horrible for many reasons and says a lot about our culture in general. I hope that one day in the future I can find a nice, loving wife that does NOT use AshleyMadison.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment