Sunday, December 19, 2010

Twilight Connections

The Twilight project sparked my interest because like many I am a Twilight fan. Clearly they are fictional and meant to be read as fiction, however, I can definitely relate to the interest in vampires as entertainment. After Twilight, books series and TV shows have become centered around the idea of vampires and it interests me. I think the connection between vampires and romance can depict the reason that the population especially females like this form of entertainment.

Previous movies such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter all played into the fantasy worlds of people’s minds, however, this is the first that I know of to incorporate fantasy with romance.

In my experience, the majority of my guy friends enjoyed these fantasy movies and my girl friends thought they were kind of boring (at least Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.. even though I personally go against this claim because I loved these movies and always watched them in theatres with my dad.. I’m slightly stereotyping so go with it). Twilight attempts to incorporate this fantasy world along with a romance story sparking interest for both genders.


No comments:

Post a Comment